Prosecutors may not need help from Charlie Sheen’s wife to go after him for allegedly attacking her on Christmas morning.
A day after reports that Brooke Mueller wants to patch up her marriage after Sheen allegedly threatened her with a knife during a Christmas brawl, experts say her initial accusations were so serious prosecutors may go after him anyway.
“There’s no question they can proceed without her cooperation . . . because they can use her statements, her 911 call,” criminal defense attorney Roy Black said on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”
Mueller called 911 from her Aspen home early Christmas morning after the pair had an allegedly violent argument. The incident was reportedly precipitated by a night of boozing and partying, and sparked by Mueller saying she wanted a divorce, according to RadarOnline.com.
Mueller’s attorney revealed Wednesday that she wants the court to lift a restraining order against Sheen, so that she can see him and work on mending their troubled relationship, according to TMZ.com.
While her lawyer chalked the fight up to “one bad night,” there are reports that Christmas wasn’t the first time an argument has escalated out of control for the couple.
RadarOnline reported Thursday that an affidavit from one of the responding officers said Mueller told cops Sheen had been physically violent before.
Several months back a verbal tiff became so heated that Sheen shoved Mueller and knocked her to the ground, causing her to hit her head on the floor, she told friends at the time according to the Web site.
“She banged her head on the floor and even ended up going to see a doctor because of it. She didn’t tell the doctor that Charlie pushed her because she didn’t want it reported,” a source told RadarOnline.
Adding to the confusion over what Mueller’s true intentions might be regarding her marriage, RadarOnline is reporting that Mueller’s prenup increases by $1 million if Sheen stays out of jail and the marriage is in tact, suggesting one reason for her apparent renewed urgency to reconcile.
As for Sheen, who has already been to rehab twice for drug and alcohol abuse, friends close to the “Two and a Half Men” star told People.com he feels terrible about the incident.
“He let himself down by drinking … [and] he wants to be with his kids,” the source told People.
- Charlie Sheen ‘threatened to kill wife’ Actor Charlie Sheen put a knife to his wife’s throat...
- Charlie Sheen facing up to 8 years in jail Actor Charlie Sheen is facing up to eight years in...
- Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller expecting a baby! The married couple Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller announced recently...
- Charlie Sheen and Brooke Mueller Had Twin Baby Boys Brooke Mueller (31) gave birth to twin boys today. Daddy...
- Charlie Sheen’s arrest on domestic violence charges sparked by Brooke Mueller divorce talk: report Charlie Sheen is out of jail – but headed to...